Spending Father's Day at home? We have the perfect easy dinner kit to show your dad how much he is loved. Spaghetti & meatballs is one of our most popular menu items and we have put together everything you need to recreate it at home.
Get your dinner kit here.
The kit includes
1 500 g package Pastificio Di Martino Spaghetti
Zia Pia house made marinara sauce
Beef and pork meatballs
Grated parmigiano reggiano and pecorino romano
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Remove the lid from the pan of meatballs and place them in the oven. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until they have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
2. Bake your baguette for 5-6 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing.
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
4. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
5. In a large skillet, heat the marinara sauce over medium high heat until simmering. Remove 1 cup of marinara sauce for the meatballs, and keep both portions of sauce warm while the pasta is cooking.
6. When the pasta is cooked al dente, reserve 1 cup of the starchy pasta water and drain the pasta with a colander.
7. Add the pasta to the marinara sauce and add 1/4 cup of the pasta water to the sauce.
8. Stir well and ensure the pasta is well coated in the sauce. Simmer the sauce until it reaches the desired consistency-it should be glossy and cling to the pasta.
9. When the meatballs are ready, pour the reserved 1 cup of marinara sauce into the pan and stir to coat the meatballs with marinara sauce.
10. Divide the pasta among 4 plates and place 3 meatballs on top of the pasta. Top with the grated cheese.
11. Serve immediately and enjoy!