Risotto is one of the most beloved Italian dishes and can be made with so many different ingredients. With smoked carnaroli rice, creamy fontina cheese and crisp asparagus, these ingredients take this risotto to another level. The cherry wood-smoked rice adds a delicious subtle smoky flavor to the final product that balances nicely with the rich fontina.
We have put together a kit and instructions below for you to make this special meal. You will also need a few other ingredients that you probably already have at home.
+ gli Aironi Carnaroli Affumicato-you will have leftovers of this.
+ fresh asparagus
+ fontina cheese
You will need:
+ Extra virgin olive oil
+ 1/2 onions
+ 2 garlic cloves
+ white wine
+ vegetable stock (or any stock of your choosing)
+ 2 tablespoons butter
You can pair the risotto with recommended wine from Assorted Table Wine Shoppe.
1. Dice the onion and mince the garlic. Trim the ends off the asparagus and cut the stalks into thirds. Trim the rind from the cheese and cut into small pieces.
2. Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add a small drizzle of olive oil and add the pancetta to the pan. Cook just until crisp. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Discard rendered fat.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to the skillet.
4. Add the onions and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant.
6. Add the rice and stir well so the rice is coated in the olive oil. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
7. Add the white wine and stir until the liquid is evaporated.
8. Add one cup of stock.
9. Cook until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently.
10. When most of the liquid is absorbed, add 1 cup of stock and continue to cook.
11. Repeat steps 9-10.
12. When you have added your third cup of stock, add the asparagus.
13. When most of the liquid is absorbed, add butter, pancetta, salt and pepper to taste and fontina.
14. Serve immediately and enjoy.