April Selection: The Beauty in Simplicity
* Delivery Day April 16 *
When you work with fine ingredients you don’t need to add complicated steps to create a delicious, complete, even gourmet, meal. Simplicity is one of the central precepts of authentic Italian cuisine. Let the ingredients shine. This month we give you ingredients to create two delicious meals in about 10 minutes:
Marcozzi Egg Fettuccine
Pasta Mancini Tuffoli
Terre di Grifonetto Garlic Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
Trimarchi di Villa Marchese Pesto of Pistachios
Agricola Paglione Spaccatelle Fileted Tomatoes
Pontevecchio Saba condiment
Meal 1 / Egg Fettuccine with Pistachio Pesto.
1. In a large pot of salted, boiling water, cook the Marcozzi Egg Fettuccine for 2-3 minutes.
2. Drain most of the water out, leaving just enough of the pasta water in the pan to emulsify the pesto.
3. Stir in the Trimarchi di Villa Marchese Pistachio Pesto (quantities to taste, less is more).
4. Dress with the Garlic Condiment Extra-virgin olive oil by Terre di Grifonetto, and add salt, pepper and parmesan cheese to taste. Mix well.
5. Serve, and top with just a drop or two of the Saba by Pontevecchio for a gourmet touch.
Meal 2 / Tuffoli with Fileted Tomatoes.
1. In a large pot of salted, boiling water, cook the Pasta Mancini Tuffoli for 9-10 minutes.
2. While the Tuffoli are cooking, warm the Terre di Grifonetto Garlic EVOO Condiment in a pan.
3. Add the drained Spaccatelle tomatoes (don’t forget the basil) to the garlic oil, stirring so it coats them.
4. Cook the tomatoes on a medium-high heat, allowing them to break down into smaller pieces and mix with the EVOO.
5. When the pasta is nearly done, drain all but a little of the water (enough to cover the bottom of the pan) out and combine with the tomato and garlic oil. Mix well while continuing to cook the pasta using the remaining moisture in the pan until you have a nice, moist and flavorful tomato sauce lightly coating the pasta.
6. Add salt and pepper and parmesan cheese to taste, mix well.
7. Top with fresh grated parmesan cheese and maybe some peperoncino. Enjoy.
**Note: This month’s Selection of ingredients came to a little more than usual. Let us know any customizations and we’ll be happy to accommodate you.